We love to decorate our homes and gardens with lovely plants and flowers, but some cats and dogs are “chewers.” Because they love to nibble, it is sometimes difficult to keep plants out of their reach. Did you know that some common plants and flowers are surprisingly toxic to your pets?
According to the ASPCA, both cats and dogs suffer accidental ingestion of harmful things around the home. When they do, nearly 60% of the accidents result in emergency room visits to the vet and the bills can escalate into 1000s of dollars!
If you keep plants or flowers in your house, or if you let your pet out into your yard unsupervised, it is helpful to identify which plants and flowers are toxic and be able to take action to keep them out of your pet’s mouth.
Keep this magnet posted on your refrigerator to remind yourself – and your guests – of which are toxic and safe to prevent him or her from a potentially dangerous situation. You can also gift this magnet to new pet parents so that they are aware of what plants and flowers are harmful to their new puppy or kitten.
Dealing with a pet that may have been poisoned by a plant is a scary situation. Who do I call? What do I do? How could I have prevented this?
To help you with those questions, this magnet provides a list and pictures of the most common poisonous plants and flowers for pets along with the phone numbers for poison control hotlines should you need to contact them in the case of an emergency. In addition to 3 animal poison control phone number hotlines listed, this magnet includes two areas to write your veterinarian’s & emergency vet’s name and contact info.
Plants toxicity for pets can range from mild (vomiting and diarrhea) to severe (death).
When in doubt, it is safest to keep out of reach or remove a questionable plant or flower from your home or yard. If you are unsure if your pet ingested something poisonous, always consult your veterinarian first.
• SAVE PRECIOUS TIME IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY: in addition to 3 animal poison control phone number hotlines, this magnet includes two ample areas to write your veterinarian’s & emergency vet’s name and contact info. For best results, use a SHARPIE ULTRA FINE PERMANENT MARKER when writing your vets’ contact info. If there is an accidental ingestion, you can call a poison control center or notify your veterinarian in seconds instead of wasting precious time trying to find the phone number.
• VETERINARIAN APPROVED! PREMIUM UPGRADES FROM PAST VERSIONS! – Larger Size of 8” X 10.5” includes newly expanded exhaustive list of Toxic & Safe Plants and Flowers – compiled in conjunction with and approved by a veterinarian. Text size is 12 pt. and visible to most without the use of magnifying reader glasses.
• HEAVIER WEIGHT THAN PAST VERSIONS! 100% MADE IN THE U.S.A. from a thick 25 Mil weight top grade vinyl that adheres well to any magnetic surface. The Magnet is also attractive enough to be framed and hung on a wall if your refrigerator doesn’t have enough room or does not have a magnetic exterior.
• EVERY ORDER INCLUDES A FREE 5” X 7” EMERGENCY CONTACT CARD.Sometimes it's hard to keep your composure and think straight during an emergency. This print out helps to alleviate the extra stress of having to find a phone number so that you can quickly locate the company or person you need. Great to post on your fridge, near the phone or your door. Excellent resource to have for a baby sitter, neighbor, parent, grandparent, house or pet sitter.